“Laporte’s do the best breakfast in town, it’s that simple” Philip, Lewes
- Croissant/toast with butter, jam or marmalade
- Breakfast croissant – local bacon & egg or vege sausage & local field mushrooms
- Bowl of organic muesli, served with milk
- or with Plaw Hatch Farm yoghurt
- French toast served with blueberries, maple syrup & butter
- Plaw Hatch Farm yoghurt with a layer of Sussex honey & organic toasted almonds
- Eggs, any way you like them, and toast
- Breakfast Bap –
- Local bacon & sausage topped with an egg & mushroom or tomato in a soft white bap
- Full cooked breakfast –
- Local bacon/halumi(v), eggs, local sausages/vege sausages(v), local field mushrooms, fried tomatoes & toast Extras: beans, mushrooms, cheese etc.
Filled rolls and salads
- Can be made as a sandwich or as a salad
- Tuna, olives, free range egg and anchovies
- Ploughman’s: Homemade chutney with Sussex ham or Sussex cheddar (v)
- Local free range Chicken with tarragon. lime and mayonnaise
- Organic feta cheese with olives (v)
- Smoked mackerel with horseradish
- Falafels with tahini and lemon juice (vg)
Choice of breads (as available)
- Ciabatta, chewy brown, white bap, baguette, foccacia
- Simple ham or cheddar
Here in the Café we aim to give you good, honest food. We use local and/or Organic ingredients and although we cook meat from our local farm, Holmansbridge,we have vegan food available. We use gluten free flour in some of our recipes, but we have to emphasis we are not a gluten free kitchen.
We are told we serve the best breakfasts in Lewes and have become known for our French Toast (see the review written for Viva Lewes). Our full English meat or vege, will leave you well fueled for the rest of the day. And our Breakfast Baps have been known to cure a hangover or two.
Our coffee is a strong, dark roast organic and fairtrade Arabica bean. We use Organic milk from Goodwood or Downsview milk from the local farm in Ringmer. Both are non homogenised. Remember when the cream would separate from the milk and the birds would peck through the foil tops to get to the cream? Well that’s what we serve (and sell in the shop)
Lunches are light and wholesome. Always a vegan soup with bread, gluten free fritters with assorted salads, bubble & squeak and other daily specials. See additional menu for assorted salads and sandwiches. You are welcome to bring your own wine (corkage £3.5o p/b), whilst we wait to get our alcohol licence.
We are known for having a wonderful selection of freshly made cakes. The best Carrot Cake you will ever taste, Chocolate and Beetroot, Kent Apple Cake to name but a few and Bakewell Tarts to die for. Washed down with a nice cuppa from a large selection of teas from Assam to Pukka herbals.
All of our dishes are available as takeaway. So you see, we can make sure you are well fed no matter what time of the day.
RT @PellsPool: BREAKING: Autumn Season at the Pells! We guarantee opening if can cover costs and sell 50 season tickets. On sale now in kio…
- Sunday Aug 13 - 7:49am
RT @PellsPool: Sorry to say we have start of algae build-up so need to close early today (5pm) to treat water. Reopen after noon tomorrow.…
- Saturday Jul 29 - 12:52pm